Lac La Biche County Libraries (LLBCL)
Has an opening for Programming Coordinator
Shifts will include day, evening, and weekend work at both Lac La Biche County Library locations (Stuart MacPherson Public Library and Plamondon Municipal Library) as well as various locations in rural communities within our service area. The successful candidate must have their driver’s license and own transportation.
Duties include but are not limited to;
- Formulates goals, plans and procedures for implementing outreach services in accordance with library service priorities.
- Collects and analyses statistical information for outreach services including Pop-Up service.
- Leads program presentations in variety of outreach venues.
- Selects and prepares materials and equipment for Pop-Up services.
- Conducts off-site library card registration and provision of materials.
- Works with the Library Director regarding media and marketing of outreach services.
- Maintains active contact with other libraries for the purpose of networking, awareness of activities, shared best practices and the potential for joint initiatives.
- Represents the interests of the Libraries as required to community groups and organizations as a designated spokesperson, guest speaker or in other roles as needed.
- Plans, and initiates special events for all ages.
- Coordinates all programs.
- Contacts schools to promote library visit and events.
- Meets with preschool programming partners on regular basis.
- Assists with front desk duties when required.
Successful candidates should have strong computer, organizational and interpersonal skills and be able to work efficiently with Microsoft Office, Internet, and basic database systems. Other requirements: programming experience required, Early Childhood Post-Secondary Education and customer service experience preferred.
The Lac La Biche County Libraries offers a comprehensive and competitive benefits package, including a pension plan. Dental and Alberta Healthcare premiums are 100% paid by the Library Board.
Candidates will be required to provide a clean criminal record check should they be selected. If you are interested in the position, please send your resume and cover letter in strict confidence to the following e-mail address email@example.com.
For additional details and including qualifications and rate of pay, see the Canadian Job Bank listing #2294621.
Lac La Biche Country Libraries are committed to equity and diversity in the workplace and encourage applications from all qualified applicants. We are fully focused on equality and believe in diversity of race, gender, sexual orientation, religion, ethnicity, national origin, and all the other characteristics that make us unique.
This competition will remain open until Friday, February 17th