Job number: 22-LTSS-41-PC
Posting date: June 21, 2022
Closing date: Until a suitable candidate is found
ABOUT THE POSITION
Portage College is actively seeking a highly motivated and tech-savvy individual to join our Learning Technology Support team in Lac La Biche or St. Paul. This position provides first level support for Moodle (our Learning Management System), video conferencing, audio visual equipment and other classroom technology and application support for our students and faculty. Key responsibilities include:
- Respond to all requests for Moodle support and provide timely and appropriate resolutions; Escalate trouble calls as needed.
- Assist faculty and developers in best practices for Moodle blocks and modules, uploading and editing course content, importing quizzes and questions using Respondus, and importing/exporting content between course sites.
- Assist students in the use of Moodle and any external applications required for their course needs.
- Provide support for use with Blackboard Collaborate.
- Provide support to Microsoft Office and Office 365 products and services, as well as the LinkedIn Learning platform.
- Assist with printing problems and student Moodle orientations during student intakes.
- Ensure proper tracking and reporting of support calls.
- Prepare and maintain orientation documents, how-to manuals, and guides for online access.
- Ensure knowledge of Moodle platforms is up-to-date, and assist in researching new trends.
- Provide local and remote support for video conference sessions, which include troubleshooting and basic fixes; escalate calls as required.
- Provide ad hoc instruction on use of classroom equipment and relevant software, i.e. Projector, SMART Board, Document Camera, etc.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- Post-secondary education in an IT related field is preferred. Applicants with a high school diploma or unrelated post-secondary education, plus several years of work-related experience with technology and IT will also be considered.
- Experience with Moodle as a user; some administration skills and/or experience with other asynchronous and synchronous learning management systems would be an asset.
- Strong experience and knowledge of PCs and Windows 10, Apple systems and MacOS, and mobile devices running iOS and Android.
- Experience with Office 365 products and services (Outlook, SharePoint, OneDrive, Teams, etc.)
- Experience with common software applications such as Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.)
- Ability to setup and troubleshoot home computer systems, laptops, and peripherals.
- Experience using video conference and audio/visual equipment and controls.
- Excellent problem solving and interpersonal skills, the ability to work independently, under pressure and to coordinate a wide variety of tasks with efficiency.
- Flexible, as hours of work will include on-call evening shifts on a rotating schedule.
- Successful applicant will be required to provide a current police information check.
HOW TO APPLY
Portage College is committed to building a skilled, diverse workforce reflective of Canadian society.
If you have the right qualifications, experience and motivation to do extraordinary things at Portage College, we would love to hear from you. Please apply using the form below. If you have any questions, call us at 780-623-5747.
Please note we do not accept third-party resume and cover letter submissions. The College appreciates the interest of all applicants, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.