Job number: 23-CSB1-02-PC
Posting date: January 12, 2023
Closing date: Until suitable candidate is found
Salary: $17.49 to $22.68 per hour (plus 11.2% vacation/holiday pay)
ABOUT THE POSITION
Reporting to the Housing Business Officer, this role has the primary responsibility to provide ongoing support to the Student Housing and Conferencing operations. Some of the responsibilities include:
- Some of the responsibilities include:
- Housekeeping and unit readiness for incoming occupants.
- Maintain all housekeeping supplies and equipment.
- Provide laundry and other support activity.
- Laundry cleaning and change outs.
- Prepare units for up level conferencing.
- Hours of work for this position are flexible
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- High School Diploma and/or training in housekeeping materials and standards or training in conferencing and hospitality services.
- Must be a detail-oriented person with strong customer service skills.
- Ability to work independently but also part of a dynamic, integrated team.
- Ability to perform physical activity including mopping, sweeping, wiping, sanitizing, vacuuming, and moving furniture and appliances.
- Successful applicant will be required to provide a current police information check.
HOW TO APPLY
Portage College is committed to building a skilled, diverse workforce reflective of Canadian society.
If you have the right qualifications, experience and motivation to do extraordinary things at Portage College, we would love to hear from you. Please apply using the form below. If you have any questions, call us at 780-623-5747. Please note we do not accept third-party resume and cover letter submissions. The College appreciates the interest of all applicants, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.