Job number: 22-PO-33-PC
Posting date: May 31, 2022
Closing date: Until a suitable candidate is found
ABOUT THE POSITION
The Work-Integrated Learning (WIL) Facilitator works with all aspects of WIL and placements for the assigned courses and programs. Key responsibilities include:
- Develop, implement, maintain, and evaluate structured work-integrated learning (WIL) planning cycle
- Develop and maintain an evaluation system for WIL and practicums as required for assigned programs/courses
- Evaluate new sites for suitability and supports
- Establish new, and follow existing, processes that facilitate compliance with placement agency planning timelines
- Collaborate and communicate with Finance regarding liability insurance, WCB insurance and risk assessment needs for WIL initiatives
- Ensure that the placement cycle for practicums is completed with integrity and in an ethical manner
- Ensure appropriate and timely communication as necessary with Associate Dean, staff and students
- Establish and maintain positive relationships with representatives from placement agencies and employers in order to identify and develop opportunities, and collaborate regarding placement processes and plan for upcoming placements
- Promote positive working relationships with practicum agencies, and all parties involved in a WIL experience
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- Minimum diploma or certificate in Office or Business Administration plus some experience working in an office admin role. Equivalencies may be considered.
- Preference will be given to applicants with experience working in a post-secondary institution.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and must be charismatic, outgoing and have strong intuition.
- Must be proficient with computers, especially MS Office.
- Strong skills in organization, data entry and customer service.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills are essential.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and provide sound decision making.
- Successful applicant will be required to provide a current police information check.
HOW TO APPLY
Portage College is committed to building a skilled, diverse workforce reflective of Canadian society.
If you have the right qualifications, experience and motivation to do extraordinary things at Portage College, we would love to hear from you. Please apply using the form below. If you have any questions, call us at 780-623-5747.
Please note we do not accept third-party resume and cover letter submissions. The College appreciates the interest of all applicants, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.