Job number: 22-INSTR-39-PC
Posting date: June 29, 2022
Closing date: Until a suitable candidate is found
Salary: Commensurate with education and experience
Position Type: Part-time (0.50) term January 2023 un til June 30, 2025
ABOUT THE POSITION
Portage College has an exciting opportunity for an experienced RN or LPN who has a passion for nursing and a desire to inspire our students pursuing a career as a practical nurse. Some of the responsibilities include:
- Theory, lab and clinical instruction for the practical nurse program, including preparation and delivery of subjects.
- Curriculum development and/or revision.
- Develop exams, quizzes and other evaluation material for students.
- Manage and evaluate student progress in the program.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing preferred but will consider RN diploma or LPN diploma or certificate
- Current CARNA or CLPNA unrestricted registration
- CPR Heart and Stroke BLS for Healthcare provider.
- Adult teaching/tutoring experience would be considered beneficial.
- Excellent communication and organizational skills and the ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Minimum two years of recent experience in acute care or continuing care.
- Familiarity with practical nurse programs and role of LPN.
- Knowledge or experience with Moodle or other Learning Management Systems would be an asset.
- Successful applicant will be required to provide a current vulnerable sector police information check and driver’s abstract.
HOW TO APPLY
Portage College is committed to building a skilled, diverse workforce reflective of Canadian society.
If you have the right qualifications, experience and motivation to do extraordinary things at Portage College, we would love to hear from you. Please apply using the form below. If you have any questions, call us at 780-623-5747.
Please note we do not accept third-party resume and cover letter submissions. The College appreciates the interest of all applicants, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.