Job number: 22-INSTR-21-PC
Posting date: May 2, 2022
Closing date: Until a suitable candidate is found
PositionType: Part-time (.70) term position to June 30, 2023
Salary: Commensurate with education and experience
ABOUT THE POSITION
Portage College is actively seeking a highly-motivated and engaged individual with experience in heavy equipment operations to join our team of instructors in the Heavy Equipment Operator (HEO) program. Some of the responsibilities include:
- Theory and practical instruction in College’s HEO program
- Prepare and present classes in both classroom and field lab settings.
- Develop exams, quizzes and other evaluation material for students.
- Manage and evaluate student progress in the program.
- Other duties as required.
*A hybrid work arrangement may be considered for the right applicant.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- Minimum 5 years of extensive field experience working in the oil and gas, construction, or road building sector, specifically in the area of finishing grader operations.
- Adult instruction/tutoring experience would be considered beneficial.
- Current industry standard safety certificates.
- Excellent communication, administrative and organizational skills and the ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Knowledge or experience with Moodle or other Learning Management System would be an asset.
- Strong computer skills, especially with MS Office, Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Valid Class 5 driver’s license
- Preference will be given to applicants with a postsecondary education or Journeyman Certificate in a related field.
- Successful applicant will be required to provide a current police information check and driver’s abstract.
HOW TO APPLY
Portage College is committed to building a skilled, diverse workforce reflective of Canadian society.
If you have the right qualifications, experience and motivation to do extraordinary things at Portage College, we would love to hear from you. Please apply using the form below. If you have any questions, call us at 780-623-5747.
Please note we do not accept third-party resume and cover letter submissions. The College appreciates the interest of all applicants, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.