Job number: 23-ASB3-06-PC
Posting date: January 30, 2023
Closing date: Until suitable Candidate is found
PositionType: Full Time continuous
Salary: $43,692 to $56,664 per annum
ABOUT THE POSITION
Portage College has an exciting opportunity for a highly-skilled admin support to provide a wide range of administrative services for the Athletic and Recreation Department, and provide administrative support to the Manager of Athletics and Recreation, Coaches of the Athletic Department and Recreation Programmer. Some of the responsibilities include:
- Provides customer service to students, staff and the general public, responding to inquiries for all athletic and recreation programs.
- Reception, word processing, data entry, records management and compiling and creating reports.
- Assist with game day logistics, including travel arrangements and itineraries.
- Process staff and student gym memberships, as well as student/family memberships for Portage Pool.
- Organize volunteers and assist at hockey and soccer games as required.
- Ensure appropriate delivery of game day events, as required by ACAC.
- Develop and manage athletic print material.
- Other duties as required.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- Certificate in office or business administration.
- Previous experience working in Athletics, Recreation or recreational sports organization would be an asset.
- Knowledge of ACAC sports would be an asset.
- Strong skills in organization, data entry and customer service.
- Must be proficient with computers, especially MS Office.
- Proficiency in desktop publishing programs would be an asset.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills are essential.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and prioritize workload.
- Ability to work sports games on evenings and weekends.
- Successful applicant will be required to provide a current police information check.
HOW TO APPLY
Portage College is committed to building a skilled, diverse workforce reflective of Canadian society.
If you have the right qualifications, experience and motivation to do extraordinary things at Portage College, we would love to hear from you. Please apply using the form below. If you have any questions, call us at 780-623-5747. Please note we do not accept third-party resume and cover letter submissions. The College appreciates the interest of all applicants, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.