Job Number: 23-CONTRACT-04-PC
Posting Date: March 15, 2023
Closing Date: Until suitable candidates are found
Salary: Commensurate with education and experience
ABOUT THE POSITION
Portage College is actively seeking well-versed business professionals to provide program development and delivery across the College’s service region through our Continuing Education department. Some of the responsibilities include:
- Curriculum development and/or revision.
- Preparation and delivery of classes.
- Develop exams, quizzes and other evaluation material.
- Managing and evaluating student progress.
- Instruction will include topics in leadership, professionalism, management skills and human resources.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration is preferred. Applicants with other relevant postsecondary education, plus several years of related industry experience may be considered.
- Previous experience instructing adult learners at a post-secondary institution would be beneficial.
- Several years of related industry and/or professional experience. • Excellent communication and organizational skills and the ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Strong computer skills, especially with MS Office, Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Knowledge or experience with Moodle or other Learning Management Systems would be an asset.
- Willingness to travel.
ABOUT THE COLLEGE
Portage College has been serving the region for over 50 years and is a first choice post-secondary institution for learners in northeast Alberta. You will find that we are a college that combines quality with innovation. In fact, Portage College is considered a leader when it comes to providing students with a flexible first-class educational experience. We offer a wide range of programs in health and wellness, business, human services, university transfer, food sciences, trades and technology, native arts and culture, and in academics for career and education.
HOW TO APPLY
Portage College is committed to building a skilled, diverse workforce reflective of Canadian society.
If you have the right qualifications, experience and motivation to do extraordinary things at Portage College, we would love to hear from you. Please apply using the application provided. If you have any questions, call us at 780-623-5747.
Please note we do not accept third-party resume and cover letter submissions.
The College appreciates the interest of all applicants, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.