Job Number: 23-INSTR-18-PC
Posting Date: April 4, 2023
Closing Date: Will begin reviewing resumes on April 12, 2023
Salary: Commensurate with education and experience
ABOUT THE POSITION
Portage College is looking for an experienced instructor(s) to teach Cell Biology, Organisms in the Environment and Introductory Genetics to students enrolled in our University Transfer program:
BIOL 101 – Cell Biology (Fall 2023 semester)
BIOL 102 – Organisms in the Environment (Winter 2024 semester)
BIOL 207 – Introductory Genetics (Winter 2024 semester)
These are 15-week courses that are delivered virtually. The instructor teaches a three-hour lecture each week
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- Minimum a relevant Master’s degree or PhD with experience and knowledge in chosen discipline.
- Preference will be given to applicants with experience teaching/tutoring adult learners, preferably at a recognized post-secondary institution.
- Excellent communication and organizational skills and the ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Knowledge or experience with Collaborate, Moodle or other Learning Management System would be an asset.
- Strong computer skills, especially with MS Office, is essential.
- Successful applicant will be required to provide a current police information check.
ABOUT THE COLLEGE
Portage College has been serving the region for over 50 years and is a first choice post-secondary institution for learners in northeast Alberta. You will find that we are a college that combines quality with innovation. In fact, Portage College is considered a leader when it comes to providing students with a flexible first-class educational experience. We offer a wide range of programs in health and wellness, business, human services, university transfer, food sciences, trades and technology, native arts and culture, and in academics for career and education.
HOW TO APPLY
Portage College is committed to building a skilled, diverse workforce reflective of Canadian society.
If you have the right qualifications, experience and motivation to do extraordinary things at Portage College, we would love to hear from you. Please apply using the application provided. If you have any questions, call us at 780-623-5747.
Please note we do not accept third-party resume and cover letter submissions.
The College appreciates the interest of all applicants, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.