Job Number: 23-INSTR-17-PC
Posting Date: April 5, 2023
Closing Date: Will begin reviewing resumes on April 13, 2023
Salary: Commensurate with education and experience
ABOUT THE POSITION
Portage College has an exciting opportunity for a highly passionate and motivated instructor to join the College’s university transfer department as a full-time humanities instructor. The Instructor, University Transfer will promote and contribute to an exceptional learning experience by incorporating a student-centered learning environment in everyday practice.
Some of the responsibilities include:
- Prepare lessons and materials, and deliver instruction in the university transfer program area.
- Develop courses and curriculum in assigned courses and update as appropriate.
- Participate as a member of the College team in planning activities, program advisory committees, program review and renewal and in other College committees and meetings.
- Assist with the promotion of the university transfer program in the Portage College region by attending local marketing events.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- PhD or master’s degree in Humanities.
- Previous experience instructing adult learners at a post-secondary institution would be beneficial.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent organizational skills and the ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Knowledge or experience with Moodle or other Learning Management Systems (LMS) would be an asset.
- Strong computer skills, especially with MS Office, is essential
- Dynamic and flexible teaching style to work with a variety of learners.
- Successful applicant will be required to provide a current police information check.
ABOUT THE COLLEGE
Portage College has been serving the region for over 50 years and is a first choice post-secondary institution for learners in northeast Alberta. You will find that we are a college that combines quality with innovation. In fact, Portage College is considered a leader when it comes to providing students with a flexible first-class educational experience. We offer a wide range of programs in health and wellness, business, human services, university transfer, food sciences, trades and technology, native arts and culture, and in academics for career and education.
HOW TO APPLY
Portage College is committed to building a skilled, diverse workforce reflective of Canadian society.
If you have the right qualifications, experience and motivation to do extraordinary things at Portage College, we would love to hear from you. Please apply using the application provided. If you have any questions, call us at 780-623-5747.
Please note we do not accept third-party resume and cover letter submissions.
The College appreciates the interest of all applicants, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.