Job number: 22-INSTR-10-PC
Posting date: April 4, 2023
Closing date: Will begin reviewing resumes April 12, 2023
Salary: Commensurate with education and experience
ABOUT THE POSITION
Portage College is actively hiring a Clinical Instructor to supervise student practicum placements in the St. Paul region. Along with supervising students on placement, the successful applicants will also provide student feedback and evaluation on skill performance, maintain student records, network and be an effective liaison for student practicum management
May 23 to June 23, 2023
Location: St. Paul
Days/Weeks: 40 Hours/Week
Total Hours: 194 Hours
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing, RN diploma or LPN diploma or certificate.
- Current CRNA or CLPNA unrestricted registration.
- Current Heart and Stroke HealthCare Provider Level C CPR.
- Adult teaching/tutoring experience would be considered beneficial. 40 hours/week
- Excellent communication and organizational skills and the ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Minimum two years of recent experience in acute care or continuing care.
- Familiarity with practical nurse programs and role of LPN.
- Successful applicant will be required to provide a current vulnerable sector criminal records check
ABOUT THE COLLEGE
Portage College has been serving the region for over 50 years and is a first choice post-secondary institution for learners in northeast Alberta. You will find that we are a college that combines quality with innovation. In fact, Portage College is considered a leader when it comes to providing students with a flexible first-class educational experience. We offer a wide range of programs in health and wellness, business, human services, university transfer, food sciences, trades and technology, native arts and culture, and in academics for career and education.
HOW TO APPLY
Portage College is committed to building a skilled, diverse workforce reflective of Canadian society.
If you have the right qualifications, experience and motivation to do extraordinary things at Portage College, we would love to hear from you. Please apply using the form below. If you have any questions, call us at 780-623-5747. Please note we do not accept third-party resume and cover letter submissions. The College appreciates the interest of all applicants, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.