Job Type: Permanent, Full-Time
Hours of Work Per Week: 40
Scheduled Days Each Week: Monday - Friday
Scheduled Hours: 8:30am TO 4:30pm (This management position requires flexibility to work some evenings & weekends, as necessary) *Salary Negotiable*
Compensation: $38 - $42/hr
The WJS Canada Community Disability Services program in Bonnyville, Alberta helps people with developmental disabilities become active and involved in their communities through supported independent and semi independent living programs. In our passion to improve lives and develop life skills, we encourage inclusion and participation through community living and life skill coaching, career development and family support.
In this senior management role, the Program Director - Community Disability Services, promotes cohesive teamwork, develops influencing strategies, tackles obstacles and promotes organizational values and plans to achieve business goals. Along with the Provincial Management Team, the incumbent will develop and implement WJS Canada's strategic agenda, focusing on quality of service and compassionate care.
In Your Role You Will
• Set out clear vision of business success; formulating plans for achieving goals, regularly assessing and communicating priorities
• Take responsibility for team performance, building a strong team and positive work environment
• Inspire team to use strengths and innovative practices to provide quality service and achieve results more effectively
• Negotiate contractual/financial terms with stakeholders in compliance with WJS bidding processes in order to minimize costs/risks and maximize income in a competitive marketplace and without compromising service quality
• Ensure CET or CARF accreditation compliant systems are in place to monitor and evaluate progress, processes and results and make adjustments to the plan
• Identify gaps in service/quality and act to improve performance and create opportunities for shared learning
• Collaboratively contribute to strategic planning and priority setting for the organization
• Uncover issues, conflicts and disagreements and resolve constructively
• Maintain an environment where safety is of paramount importance
*** Prior to confirmation of employment all applicants must provide a current (dated within 6 months of hiring date) Criminal Record Check and Ministry Check. These checks can take up to 6 weeks to obtain, please ensure you prepare accordingly.
As An Ideal Candidate You Possess
• 3-5 years leadership experience in the community disability or social services field
• A degree in Social Work, one of the humanities, social sciences, business administration or related field with educational preparation for business management.
• Other combinations of education and experience may be considered.
• Must have business administration and operational leadership skills with experience in financial and human resource management.
• Commitment to quality assurance; knowledge of CET +/or CARF and related accreditation and certification requirements.
• A positive attitude that acknowledges the gifts, talents and passions of persons with developmental disabilities; an aptitude for service and support; and relevant knowledge and skill base.
• Experience developing financial plans, managing resources and analyzing financial data.
• Able to identify and secure funding/revenue sources, organize resources and establish priorities
• Strong conflict resolution, mediation and crisis prevention and intervention techniques.
• Communications and public relations skills will be useful to develop and deliver presentations and foster relationships with government officials, community groups, etc.
What WJS Canada does
We are a national social services agency, that provides community-based services to children and families, persons with developmental disabilities, at-risk youth and young offenders, designed to foster positive life changes and increase self-esteem. Over the past 30 years, we've grown to over 700 dedicated staff, in 3 provinces, who serve approximately 1,600 persons through over 125 services. As a Certified B-Corp, for-profit company, we use the power of business to build a more inclusive and sustainable economy.
Our Employees Enjoy
• Employer-paid Dental & Extended Health benefits • A fair and equitable wage.
• Staff training and opportunities to learn/work in a wide array of programs.
• An empowering balance of independence and supervision.
• Best practices programming and innovative client care.
We recognize that equity diversity and inclusion (EDI) is an important element in our work and in our day to day lives.