Location: Lac La Biche Campus
Job number: 23-INSTR-24-PC
Position type: Full-time term until June 2026
Posting date: May 11, 2022
Salary: Commensurate with education and experience
Closing date: Will begin reviewing resumes on May 19, 2023
ABOUT THE POSITION
Portage College has an exciting opportunity for a highly experienced paramedic to join the College’s Faculty of Paramedicine as a full-time term Paramedicine Lab Instructor. Some of the responsibilities include:
· Preparation and delivery of labs.
· Evaluation of learner progress in lab portion of the program.
· Ensuring learner documentation and records are complete.
· Coaching and mentoring students as required to meet course outcomes.
· Assist with development of curriculum scenarios and/or revision.
· Monitoring of supplies and equipment as required by all Paramedicine program faculty.
· Orientate and auditing of sessional lab instructors for the delivery of labs or other programming.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
· Advanced Care Paramedic diploma. An allied health diploma or RN degree, with an undergraduate degree in science, nursing or an allied health profession and a Master’s Degree in health, education or other relevant discipline with several years’ experience working in the health sector will also be considered.
· If applying with an Advanced Care Paramedic diploma, current unrestricted registration in good standing as an Advanced Care Paramedic with the Alberta College of Paramedics.
· Preference will also be given to applicants with BLS, ACLS, PALS, ITLS and NRP certification (instructor status is an asset).
· Adult teaching/tutoring experience would be considered beneficial.
· Excellent communication and organizational skills and the ability to work with minimal supervision.
· Thorough skills and knowledge of paramedicine.
· Knowledge or experience with Moodle or other Learning Management System would be an asset.
· Strong computer skills, especially with MS Office, is essential.
· Successful applicant will be required to provide a current vulnerable sector police information check.
ABOUT THE COLLEGE
Portage College has been serving the region for over 50 years and is a first choice post-secondary institution for learners in northeast Alberta. You will find that we are a college that combines quality with innovation. In fact, Portage College is considered a leader when it comes to providing students with a flexible first-class educational experience. We offer a wide range of programs in health and wellness, business, human services, university transfer, food sciences, trades and technology, native arts and culture, and in academics for career and education.
As a member of the Faculty Association, our instructors have access to a number of benefits that include generous vacation days (42 vacation days/year plus other paid time off), participation in the College pension plan, and access to a strong professional development fund that allows employees to grow and develop professionally by taking college or university courses, or attending conferences or workshops.
HOW TO APPLY
Portage College is committed to building a skilled, diverse workforce reflective of Canadian society.
If you have the right qualifications, experience and motivation to do extraordinary things at Portage College, we would love to hear from you. Email your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. If you have any questions, call us at 780-623-5747.
Please note we do not accept third-party resume and cover letter submissions.
The College appreciates the interest of all applicants, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.