Stepping Stones Crisis Society is seeking a Casual Child & Youth Support Worker to join their team based out of Cold Lake. This position offers full time hours during the summer months and can move to casual hours starting in the fall.
Summer: 40 hours per week w/ weekend availability
Fall: Casual Hours w/ weekend availability
The Child & Youth Support Worker is responsible for maintaining a safe, secure environment for children and youth residing at the Shelter, Second Stage housing or when using child care facilities. The position is also responsible for program development, administration, and program delivery.
- Plan and provide age-appropriate programming for children in the program. Plan and implement activities to meet the physical, emotional, intellectual and social needs of the children/youth in the program.
- Provide varying levels of care for the children of the centre including: educational activities/reading, games, storytelling play and physical activity, arts/crafts/musical activities, etc. Assist school aged children with homework and school work
- Collaborate with Management, Clinician, Outreach, Family Support, or other members of the Stepping Stones team to support client centred and trauma informed client support
- Establish trusting relationships with children, youth and clients in the program and communicate with all to determine needs and interests
- Early Childhood Development Certificate Level I, II or III; Diploma in Child & Youth Care; degree preferred. Related education, experience and training will be considered
- 2-3 years at minimum of experience in child care or related area
- Experience working with children who have been exposed to family and domestic violence, emotional and social challenges. Experience working with children from diverse backgrounds
- Ability to relate to clients in a non-judgmental manner and to respect client confidentiality
- Experience in handling emergency situations, conflict resolution, and crisis intervention
- Experience in completing assessments/intake, case planning/management and intervention
- Strong organizational and time-management skills and be able to multi-task in a fast-paced environment
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, and computer skills
- The ability to work independently with minimal supervision and in a team environment
- Clear Criminal Record Check (Vulnerable Sector) and Child Intervention Check
- Standard First Aid/CPR, ASIST Certification, and Non-Violent Crisis Intervention Training is considered an asset
- Valid Class 5 Driver's license free from restrictions with acceptable driver’s abstract
Recruitment Supported by Lakeland HR Solutions.