The Dragonfly Counselling & Support Centre (DCSC) is looking for an experienced Executive Director to join their dynamic team.
All work at the Dragonfly Counselling & Support Centre (DCSC) will reflect the Mission Statement and philosophical beliefs of the organization. DCSC is a not-for-profit, charitable organization that supports children, adolescents, and adults who have experienced sexual abuse or assault, and educates the public about sexual violence.
The Executive Director provides leadership to a multi-disciplinary team who provide prevention, assessment, referral, counselling and follow-up services to individuals, and family members affected by sexual assault/abuse. Reporting to a community-based Board of Directors, the Executive Director implements, monitors current trends, and enacts operation plans according to the agency. This position serves multiple locations, however is primarily based out of Bonnyville area. Travel to the DCSC service area will be a required component for this position.
The Executive Director is the key organizational leader, and in this role will:
- Interpret the mission, vision and values of agency to staff and volunteer
- Develop and implement strategic plans in collaboration with Board and Personnel
- Maintain an overview which ensures that all plans and practices fit with overall goals set by the Strategic plan
- Develop and implement effective and relevant programs and services that meet the needs of Dragonfly Centre’s target population and support the agency mandate
- Provide direction, monitoring and feedback regarding agency status and program delivery
- Represent Dragonfly Centre at local, provincial, regional and national initiatives
- Represent Dragonfly Centre as a member agency within the Association of Alberta Sexual Assault Services (AASAS)
- Provide a consistent voice regarding the unique needs of clients
- Serve as media spokesperson for the Agency
- Develop and maintain collaborative relationships with individual supporters, community groups, government agencies and corporate sector
- Provides direction, monitoring and feedback on the financial health of the organization to the Board
- Proven management experience in the non-profit sector, preferably with Sexual Assault Services or related field
- Bachelor's degree in Human Services, Business or a related field
- Organizational leadership, strategic planning, operational management, as well as membership development experience, ideally in the non-profit sector
- Experience in financial management, funding, grant management, developing, monitoring and managing operational budgets
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, relationship management, negotiation, and leadership skills
- Demonstrated analytical, problem-solving and decision-making abilities
- A proven track record of successful stakeholder/partner engagement and the ability to build strong relationships
- Strong knowledge and deep understanding of applicable industries including sexual assault services and trends in Alberta
- Experience working with and/or reporting to a Board of Directors with an understanding of non-profit governance
- Experience in community outreach and relationship building
What DCSC Offers:
- A competitive salary
- Full health benefits
- RRSP program
- Generous paid vacation time
- Strong focus on staff wellness and work-life balance
- Professional development opportunities
Dragonfly strives to build a team that reflects the diversity of the community they work in and encourage applications from traditionally underrepresented groups such as women, members of Black, racialized, or visible minority communities, Indigenous Peoples, people identifying as 2SLGBTQ+, and people with disabilities. If the recruitment process can be made easier through accommodation, please contact us a email@example.com.