Location: Lac La Biche Campus
Position type: Full-time continuous
Salary: $44,244 to $57,372 per annum
Job number: 23-ASB3-35-PC
Posting date: June 22, 2023
Closing date: Until suitable candidate is found
ABOUT THE POSITION
Portage College is actively hiring a Housing and Conferencing Clerk for the Lac La Biche campus. Reporting to the Housing Business Officer, the incumbent will be responsible for accounts, inventory, ordering, invoicing and budget administration for student housing at both the Lac La Biche and St. Paul campuses as well as check in and check out activities.
Some of the responsibilities include:
· Assisting with housing accounts receivables and collections.
· Allocations, processing applications, ongoing customer services and deposits.
· Inventory control and ordering.
· Liaison with Student Accounts, Student Advisors, and other College departments.
· External room bookings/conference center for Lac La Biche campus.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
· Post-secondary diploma or certificate in Business or a related field. Equivalencies may be considered.
· Minimum of one-year experience working with students and families.
· Must be proficient with computers, especially MS Office.
· Strong skills in organization, data entry and customer service.
· Effective verbal and written communication skills are essential.
· Demonstrated ability to work independently and provide sound decision making.
· Successful applicant will be required to provide a current police information check.
ABOUT THE COLLEGE
Portage College has been serving the region for more than 50 years and is a first-choice post-secondary institution for learners in northeast Alberta. You will find that we are a college that combines quality with innovation. In fact, Portage College is considered a leader when it comes to providing students with a flexible first-class educational experience. We offer a wide range of programs in health and wellness, business, human services, university transfer, food sciences, trades and technology, native arts and culture, and in academics for career and education.
As an employee at the College, you will benefit from generous paid time off, participation in the College pension plan, excellent health and dental benefits, and access to a strong professional development fund that allows employees to grow and develop professionally by taking college or university courses, or attending conferences or workshops.
HOW TO APPLY
Portage College is committed to building a skilled, diverse workforce reflective of Canadian society.
If you have the right qualifications, experience and motivation to do extraordinary things at Portage College, we would love to hear from you. Email your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. If you have any questions, call us at 780-623-5747.
Please note we do not accept third-party resume and cover letter submissions.
The College appreciates the interest of all applicants, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.