Location: Lac La Biche or St. Paul campus
Position type: Full-time continuous
Salary: Commensurate with education and experience
Job number: 23-INSTR-37-PC
Posting date: July 5, 2023
Closing date: Until suitable candidate is found
ABOUT THE POSITION
Portage College has an exciting opportunity for a highly-passionate and motivated instructor to join the College’s university transfer department as a full-time science instructor. The Instructor, University Transfer will promote and contribute to an exceptional learning experience by incorporating a student-centered learning environment in everyday practice.
Some of the responsibilities include:
· Prepare lessons and materials, and deliver instruction in the university transfer program area.
· Develop courses and curriculum in assigned courses and update as appropriate.
· Participate as a member of the College team in planning activities, program advisory committees, program review and renewal and in other College committees and meetings.
· Assist with the promotion of the university transfer program in the Portage College region by attending local marketing events.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
· Masters or Doctorate degree in Biological Sciences.
· Previous experience instructing adult learners at a post-secondary institution would be beneficial.
· Experience engaging in applied research would be considered an asset.
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
· Excellent organizational skills and the ability to work with minimal supervision.
· Knowledge or experience with Moodle or other Learning Management Systems (LMS) would be an asset.
· Strong computer skills, especially with MS Office, is essential.
· Dynamic and flexible teaching style to work with a variety of learners.
· Successful applicant will be required to provide a current police information check.
ABOUT THE COLLEGE
Portage College has been serving the region for over 50 years and is a first choice post-secondary institution for learners in northeast Alberta. You will find that we are a college that combines quality with innovation. In fact, Portage College is considered a leader when it comes to providing students with a flexible first-class educational experience. We offer a wide range of programs in health and wellness, business, human services, university transfer, food sciences, trades and technology, native arts and culture, and in academics for career and education.
As a member of the Faculty Association, our instructors have access to a number of benefits that include generous vacation days (42 vacation days/year plus other paid time off), participation in the College pension plan, excellent health and dental benefits, and access to a strong professional development fund that allows employees to grow and develop professionally by taking college or university courses, or attending conferences or workshops.
HOW TO APPLY
Portage College is committed to building a skilled, diverse workforce reflective of Canadian society.
If you have the right qualifications, experience and motivation to do extraordinary things at Portage College, we would love to hear from you. Email your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. If you have any questions, call us at 780-623-5747.
Please note we do not accept third-party resume and cover letter submissions.
The College appreciates the interest of all applicants, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.