Location: St. Paul Campus
Position type: Full-time continuous
Salary: Commensurate with education and experience
Job number: 23-INSTR-40-PC
Posting date: July 4, 2023
Closing date: Until suitable candidate is found
ABOUT THE POSITION
Portage College is actively seeking a highly-motivated and engaged individual with experience in food service industry to join our team of instructors in the Culinary Arts program.
Some of the responsibilities include:
· Theory and practical instruction in College’s Culinary Arts program.
· Prepare and present classes in both classroom and lab settings.
· Develop exams, quizzes and other evaluation material for students.
· Manage and evaluate student progress in the program.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
· Journeyman Cook Certificate with a minimum two years’ experience in first-class establishments as a cook.
· Adult instruction/tutoring experience would be considered beneficial.
· Current industry standard safety certificates.
· Excellent communication, administrative and organizational skills and the ability to work with minimal supervision.
· Knowledge or experience with Moodle or other Learning Management System would be an asset.
· Strong computer skills, especially with MS Office, Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
· Successful applicant will be required to provide a current police information check.
ABOUT THE COLLEGE
Portage College has been serving the region for 50 years and is a first choice post-secondary institution for learners in northeast Alberta. You will find that we are a college that combines quality with innovation. In fact, Portage College is considered a leader when it comes to providing students with a flexible first-class educational experience. We offer a wide range of programs in health and wellness, business, human services, university transfer, food sciences, trades and technology, native arts and culture, and in academics for career and education.
As a member of the Faculty Association, our instructors have access to a number of benefits that include generous vacation days (up to 42 vacation days/year plus other paid time off), participation in the College pension plan, and access to a strong professional development fund that allows employees to grow and develop professionally by taking college or university courses, or attending conferences or workshops.
HOW TO APPLY
Portage College is committed to building a skilled, diverse workforce reflective of Canadian society.
If you have the right qualifications, experience and motivation to do extraordinary things at Portage College, we would love to hear from you. Email your cover letter and resume to email@example.com. If you have any questions, call us at 780-623-5747.
Please note we do not accept third-party resume and cover letter submissions.
The College appreciates the interest of all applicants, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.