Location: Lac La Biche Campus
Position type: Full-time continuous
Salary: $53,796 to $69,792 per annum *Salary under review*
Job number: 23-OSB6-50-PC
Posting date: September 7, 2023
Closing date: Will begin reviewing resumes on September 15, 2023
ABOUT THE POSITION
The Operations Supervisor is focused on supervising and supporting the various workflows and processing in the Continuing Education department. Working with the various academic leads, the Operations Supervisor will assist with the coordination of various courses and programs delivered to communities, businesses, and industry.
· Organizing and supporting Continuing Education initiatives.
· Lead internal Continuing Education meetings and tracking of requests, documents, and proposals.
· Coordinate and oversee schedules and timelines for safety training and driving school; work with program areas to coordinate safety training for credit programs.
· Liaison with Marketing regarding schedules and advertising for Continuing Education offerings; organize logistics for training programs, including supplies, room bookings and on-boarding contractors.
· Supporting staffing and recruitment.
· Manage budget, perform expenditure officer duties.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
· Minimum diploma or certificate in Office or Business Administration. Equivalencies may be considered.
· Preference will be given to applicants with a minimum of 2 years’ experience working in an office supervisory role.
· Strong organization and administrative skills.
· Excellent knowledge of administrative and accounting procedures.
· Must be proficient with computers, especially MS Office.
· Ability to function effectively in a fast-paced environment.
· Strong verbal and written communication skills are essential.
· Demonstrated ability to work independently and provide sound decision making.
· Successful applicant will be required to provide a current police information check.
ABOUT THE COLLEGE
Portage College has been serving the region for more than 50 years and is a first choice post-secondary institution for learners in northeast Alberta. You will find that we are a college that combines quality with innovation. In fact, Portage College is considered a leader when it comes to providing students with a flexible first-class educational experience. We offer a wide range of programs in health and wellness, business, human services, university transfer, food sciences, trades and technology, native arts and culture, and in academics for career and education.
As an employee at the College, you will benefit from generous paid time off, participation in the College pension plan, excellent health and dental benefits, and access to a strong professional development fund that allows employees to grow and develop professionally by taking college or university courses, or attending conferences or workshops.
HOW TO APPLY
Portage College is committed to building a skilled, diverse workforce reflective of Canadian society.
If you have the right qualifications, experience and motivation to do extraordinary things at Portage College, we would love to hear from you. Email your cover letter and resume to email@example.com. If you have any questions, call us at 780-623-5747.
Please note we do not accept third-party resume and cover letter submissions.
The College appreciates the interest of all applicants, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.