Reporting to and receiving direct supervision from the Director of Corporate Services, the Municipal Services Clerk is responsible for providing front office clerical support in a variety of areas. Additional duties or special projects may also be assigned within the scope of the work performed.
The position is expected to uphold all County of St. Paul policies and procedures, including, but not limited to those that impact the occupational health and safety, and respectful workplace of all County of St. Paul employees and the public.
- Cash Receipts (20%)
- Accounts Payable (45%)
- Utilities (20%) Months of September to April
- Property Tax (5%)
- Filing and Administration (5%)
- Backup Reception (5%)
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities - The following are required in this position:
- High school diploma or GED with basic MS Office products experience.
- Basic bookkeeping experience, specifically the ability to balance debits and credits.
- Ability to communicate clearly in writing/verbally, accuracy on written correspondence.
- Time management skills, including punctuality.
- Ability to be accountable for own actions and to work well on a team, including being able to keep an open-mind, be honest, fair, and to interact with all levels of staff courteously and effectively, ensuring that a positive attitude is employed in day-to-day work.
- Ability to respect privacy and confidentiality.
- Willingness to participate in any training or work-related workshops.
The following are considered assets or preferences in this position:
Customer service or reception experience.
The County of St. Paul offers an excellent benefit and pension package and a competitive salary and will negotiate within the position’s salary range based on experience and qualifications.
Full Job Posting can be viewed on the County's website under ‘Careers’ . https://www.county.stpaul.ab.ca/.../municipal-services.../
Competition Deadline and Resumes
If you are interested in this opportunity, please forward your cover letter, resume, and references by Friday October 6, 2023 at 4:30 p.m. to firstname.lastname@example.org