Dragonfly Counselling & Support Centre (DCSC) is recruiting volunteers for their Governing Board of Directors! Members from all around the service area are encouraged to submit their interest!
DCSC is a not-for-profit, charitable organization that is committed to creating a region free from sexual violence. Offering specialized intervention, counselling, and preventative education to individuals, families, and communities in North Central East Alberta.
DCSC operates an outreach model, with one main office in Bonnyville, and satellite offices throughout their service region of North Central and North East Alberta which includes Athabasca, Slave Lake, Wabasca, Lac La Biche, Cold Lake and St. Paul) as well as other rural and/or remote locations including Métis Settlements and First Nations communities.
More information about DCSC can be read here https://thedragonflycentre.com/about-us/
The Board of Directors are responsible for the overall governance of the organization. The Board sets the strategic direction, ensures financial oversight, and provides guidance and support to the Executive Team.
The Board is composed of a diverse group of individuals with a variety of skills and experience. Board members are expected to be actively involved in the organization, attend monthly meetings (remote or in person), and participate in committees and task forces as needed.
Responsibilities of the Board of Directors include:
- Setting the strategic direction of the organization
- Contribute to DCSC's Vision Fulfillment
- Overseeing the financial health of the organization
- Providing guidance and support to the executive team
- Evaluating the performance of the executive team
- Approving major decisions
- Representing the organization to the community by conducting or participating in public events held by DCSC
Qualifications for Board members include:
- Not for Profit experience considered an asset
- A passion for DCSC's mission
- A commitment to volunteerism
- Confidentiality and Professionalism
- A willingness to learn and grow with the organization
Please apply using the application form