We are on the hunt for the ONE!
Join Xtreme Oilfield as a Journey Certified Heavy Duty Mechanic to join their team based out of the Edson shop.
The successful candidate will perform skilled tasks in the mechanical repair and maintenance of their fleet of Semi-Vac, Combo Units, and Water Trucks.
With over 20 years of combined experience, Xtreme Oilfield is well-versed in a wide array of oilfield services. Xtreme offers local work, flexible hours and shifts, competitive wages, comprehensive benefits, great team-atmosphere, and other employee perks. This is a long term career position.
- Check all heavy equipment for proper performance, inspect equipment to detect faults and malfunctions, and diagnose equipment problems to determine repairs needed
- Practice workplace safety by adhering to safety policies and regulations, and performing daily safety and maintenance checks
- Correct completion of all job-specific, employee-related, and equipment-related Xtreme Oilfield paper/electronic work including Timesheets, Daily Work Reports, Safety Meeting Forms, and any other forms implemented by Xtreme
- Repair, overhaul, maintain, and service gas and diesel powered vehicles, heavy trucks, and heavy construction equipment in the shop and road calls when required
- Repair, overhaul, maintain, and service fuel injection systems, exhaust systems, cooling systems, air conditioning systems, lubrication systems, engine control systems, and major internal engine repairs
- Repair, overhaul, maintain, and service drive trains and final drives, hydraulic transmissions, power take-offs, suspensions, steering, and vehicle brake systems
- Repair and adjust hydraulic pumps, safety valves, and any other necessary mechanical components
- Electrical and hydraulic troubleshooting and diagnostics
- Repair cooling, and lubrication systems
- Repair cable-operated working attachments, winches, compressors, pumps, electric generators, etc
- Operate automotive servicing equipment, e.g. A/C recycler, etc
- Ensure accurate completion of work orders, maintenance reports, time sheets, and other documentation
- Facilitate training, provide coaching, mentoring and oversight to trainees on an as needed basis
- Journey Certified Heavy Equipment Technician
- On-road and off-road experience is an asset
- Class 5 driver’s license with an acceptable driver's abstract
- Ability to remain in a standing position for extended periods of time, lift and move objects of 50lbs or more, and manipulate tools in areas of limited spaces
- Successful completion of a pre-employment background and substance screening process including, but not limited to, employment verifications, criminal search, as well continued verifications throughout employment to ensure that all records meet company policy standards
Recruitment supported by Lakeland HR Solutions.