Job number: 23-INSTR-58-LLJ
Location: St. Paul campus
Position type: Sessional
Salary: Commensurate with education and experience
Posting date: October 18, 2023
Closing date: Will begin reviewing resumes on October 26, 2023
ABOUT THE POSITION
Portage College is looking for a highly motivated and engaging generalist instructor to teach courses in our Academic Foundations program which is a part of the Academics for Careers and Education department (ACE). The successful candidate will teach face-to-face at the St. Paul campus using Hyflex technology enabling students to attend either in-person or remotely. As part of the ACE Faculty, this position has the primary responsibilities of:
- Theory and practical instruction in the College’s Academic Upgrading program.
- Preparation and delivery of assigned subjects.
- Assist with curriculum development and/or revision.
- Develop exams, quizzes and other evaluation material for students.
- Managing and evaluating student progress in the program.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor of Education.
- Previous experience instructing adult learners at a post-secondary institution would be beneficial.
- Excellent communication and organizational skills and the ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Knowledge or experience with Moodle or other Learning Management System would be an asset.
- Strong computer skills, especially with MS Office, is essential.
- Dynamic and flexible teaching style to work with a variety of learners.
- Successful applicant will be required to provide a current police information check.
ABOUT THE COLLEGE
Portage College has been serving the region for 50 years and is a first choice post-secondary institution for learners in northeast Alberta. You will find that we are a college that combines quality with innovation. In fact, Portage College is considered a leader when it comes to providing students with a flexible first-class educational experience. We offer a wide range of programs in health and wellness, business, human services, university transfer, food sciences, trades and technology, native arts and culture, and in academics for career and education.
HOW TO APPLY
Portage College is committed to building a skilled, diverse workforce reflective of Canadian society.
If you have the right qualifications, experience and motivation to do extraordinary things at Portage College, we would love to hear from you. Email your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. If you have any questions, call us at 780-623-5747. Please note we do not accept third-party resume and cover letter submissions.
The College appreciates the interest of all applicants, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.