Location: Lac La Biche Campus
Position Type: Full-time Continuous
Salary: Commensurate with education and experience
Job Number: 23-INSTR-60-LLJ
Posting Date: November 17, 2023
Closing Date: Will begin reviewing resumes on November 30, 2023
ABOUT THE POSITION
Portage College is actively seeking highly motivated journeyperson to instruct in our Steamfitter Pipefitter program at the Lac La Biche campus. Some of the responsibilities include:
- Theory and practical instruction in the College’s Steamfitter Pipefitter program.
- Instructional responsibilities include preparation and delivery of subjects.
- Assist with curriculum development and/or revision.
- Develop exams, quizzes and other evaluation material for students.
- Manage and evaluate student progress in the program.
- Responsible for promoting and ensuring safe working habits.
- Maintain lab and classroom equipment.
- Red Seal Journeyperson Steamfitter Pipefitter Certificate, plus 5 years of related post-journeyperson experience in industry.
- Preference will be given to applicants holding dual tickets such as Welding, Gasfitter and Plumber.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Adult instruction, training, and/or tutoring experience will be considered an asset.
- Demonstrated teamwork and interpersonal skills.
- Computer skills are required with a demonstrated proficiency using Microsoft Office tools and applications.
- Knowledge or experience with Moodle or other Learning Management Systems (LMS) will be an asset.
- Successful applicant will be required to provide a current police information check.
ABOUT THE COLLEGE
Portage College has been serving the region for over 50 years and is a first choice post-secondary institution for learners in northeast Alberta. You will find that we are a college that combines quality with innovation. In fact, Portage College is considered a leader when it comes to providing students with a flexible first-class educational experience. We offer a wide range of programs in health and wellness, business, human services, university transfer, food sciences, trades and technology, native arts and culture, and in academics for career and education.
As a member of the Faculty Association, our instructors have access to a number of benefits that include generous vacation days (42 vacation days/year plus other paid time off), participation in the College pension plan, excellent health and dental benefits, and access to a strong professional development fund that allows employees to grow and develop professionally by taking college or university courses or attending conferences or workshops.