Location: Lac La Biche
Position Type: Full-time Term until December 2024
Salary: $3,898 to $5,054 Per Month
Job Number: 23-ASB4-25-LLJ
Posting Date: October 30, 2023
Closing Date: Until a suitable candidate is found
ABOUT THE POSITION
Portage College has an exciting opportunity for a highly skilled admin support to provide a wide range of administrative services to the Associate Dean of Foundational Learning and Skills Development, the Associate Dean of Trades and Technology, and several Trades and Technology programs. Some of the responsibilities include:
- Work closely with program coordinators and faculty to ensure efficient and effective delivery of programming.
- Provides daily administrative support to the Associate Dean of Foundational Learning and Skills Development and the Associate Dean of Trades and Technology.
- Record, track and monitor student information, including attendance, grades, withdrawals and program progress.
- Reception, word processing, data entry, responding to general inquiries, phone follow-up, records. management and compiling and creating reports.
- Provide exam invigilation as well as course outline management and exam and curriculum support.
- Assist with student recruitment, admissions, intakes and student practicums.
- Provides daily administrative support to Trades and Technology programs.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- Diploma or certificate in office or business admin plus a minimum 2 years of experience working in an office admin role.
- Must be proficient with computers, especially MS Office.
- Strong skills in organization, data entry and customer service.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills are essential.
- Knowledge or experience working with Moodle and Unit 4 would be an asset.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and provide sound decision making.
- Successful applicant will be required to provide a current police information check.
ABOUT THE COLLEGE
Portage College has been serving the region for 50 years and is a first-choice post-secondary institution for learners in northeast Alberta. You will find that we are a college that combines quality with innovation. In fact, Portage College is considered a leader when it comes to providing students with a flexible first-class educational experience. We offer a wide range of programs in health and wellness, business, human services, university transfer, food sciences, trades and technology, native arts and culture, and in academics for career and education.
As an employee at the College, you will benefit from generous paid time off, participation in the College pension plan, excellent health and dental benefits, and access to a strong professional development fund that allows employees to grow and develop professionally by taking college or university courses or attending conferences or workshops.