Location: Lac La Biche Campus
Position Type: Full-time Continuous
Salary: Commensurate with education and experience
Job Number: 23-INSTR-26-LLJ
Posting Date: May 29, 2023
Closing Date: Until a suitable candidate is found
ABOUT THE POSITION
Portage College is seeking a highly motivated and engaged individual with instructional and industrial experience in Power Engineering to join our team of instructors. Responsibilities include:
- Deliver high quality theory and lab instruction for the College’s Third Class and Fourth-Class Power Engineering programs.
- Prepare and facilitate learning materials and assessments according to college and program guidelines suitable for adult learners.
- Provide formative and summative evaluation to students in a timely manner to support learning success.
- Model and ensure safety protocols are followed in the classroom and lab environments pursuant to Alberta’s Occupational Health and Safety Act.
- Ensure learning environments consistently represent equity, diversity, and inclusion principles.
- Demonstrate a commitment to continual improvement by evaluating effectiveness of instructional practice.
- Liaise with industry and external regulatory bodies ensure standards and protocols are consistent with industry practice and regulations.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- First or Second-Class Power Engineer Certificate endorsed by the Alberta Boiler Safety Association, plus several years of industry experience.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Adult instruction, training, and/or tutoring experience will be considered an asset.
- Demonstrated teamwork and interpersonal skills.
- Computer skills are required with a demonstrated proficiency using Microsoft Office tools and applications.
- Knowledge or experience with Moodle or other Learning Management Systems (LMS) will be an asset.
- Successful applicant will be required to provide a current police information check.
ABOUT THE COLLEGE
Portage College has been serving the region for over 50 years and is a first-choice post-secondary institution for learners in northeast Alberta. You will find that we are a college that combines quality with innovation. In fact, Portage College is considered a leader when it comes to providing students with a flexible first-class educational experience. We offer a wide range of programs in health and wellness, business, human services, university transfer, food sciences, trades and technology, native arts and culture, and in academics for career and education.
As a member of the Faculty Association, our instructors have access to a number of benefits that include generous vacation days (42 vacation days/year plus other paid time off), participation in the College pension plan, excellent health and dental benefits, and access to a strong professional development fund that allows employees to grow and develop professionally by taking college or university courses or attending conferences or workshops.