Location: Lac La Biche campus
Position type: Full-time continuous
Salary: $65,856 to $87,504 per annum
Job number: 23-SAB3-77-LLJ
Posting date: February 1, 2024
Closing date: Will begin reviewing resumes on February 9th, 2024
ABOUT THE POSITION
Portage College has an exciting opportunity for a skilled IT professional at the Lac La Biche or Cold Lake campus, primarily responding to Tier 1 support desk calls and performing hardware and software installation and support. The IT Support Analyst requires a comprehensive knowledge of the College’s software, hardware and application systems environment.
- Provide 1st level technical support to College users, including local workstation hardware and software installation, upgrading, maintenance, troubleshooting and training; client-side application/systems installation, configuration and troubleshooting; installation, maintenance and enhancements to various instructional tools and technologies in use at the College; recording of calls in the departmental call tracking system.
- Responsible for planning, collecting, organizing, tracking and reporting computer hardware inventory. Imaging lab and staff computers to ensure a consistent base of applications and configuration settings.
- Assist and train end users with use of various College software. Provide guidance and instruction on College policies, such as email usage, equipment purchasing, and computer use.
- Perform telephone, email and/or non-call assistance to end users. Will determine the extent of the problem and either respond directly or escalate/refer to the appropriate analyst.
- Travel to other campuses. Some requirement to work during off-hours (evenings or weekends) in order to avoid disruption of services. Some heavy lifting may be required (PC tower, monitor, printer); maximum weight should not exceed 50 lbs.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree or diploma in computer science or computer engineering from a recognized post-secondary institution. Equivalencies may be considered.
- Minimum three years of related experience.
- Extensive knowledge of current computer hardware, software, operating systems and peripheral equipment (printers/copiers), including a strong knowledge of repair and troubleshooting procedures.
- Customer service oriented with the ability to clearly communicate technical concepts to all clients.
- Ability to multitask in a fast-paced environment.
- Familiarity with Office 365 messaging and collaboration systems (Outlook, OneDrive, SharePoint, Teams).
- Knowledge of Active Directory concepts and administration.
- Knowledge of network protocols and technologies and familiarity with network infrastructure.
- Good understanding of video conference and audio/visual equipment.
- A diverse skill set is required (technical and non-technical) including organizational, team collaboration, attention to detail, time management, and exceptional oral and written communication skills.
- The ability to analyze, troubleshoot and solve problems in a timely and organized matter.
- Knowledge and ability to use power tools and other construction equipment and materials safely, when required.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule to implement projects outside normal business hours.
- Successful applicant will be required to provide a current police information check.
ABOUT THE COLLEGE
We acknowledge that Portage College's service region is on the traditional lands of First Nation Peoples, the owners of Treaty 6, 8 and 10, which are also homelands to the Métis people. We honor the history and culture of all people who first lived and gathered in these lands.
Portage College has been serving the region for more than 50 years and is a first choice post-secondary institution for learners in northeast Alberta. You will find that we are a college that combines quality with innovation. In fact, Portage College is considered a leader when it comes to providing students with a flexible first-class educational experience. We offer a wide range of programs in health and wellness, business, human services, university transfer, food sciences, trades and technology, native arts and culture, and in academics for career and education.
As a member of the Excluded Employment Group, you will have access to a number of benefits that include generous vacation days, participation in the College pension plan, excellent health and dental benefits, and access to a strong professional development fund that allows employees to grow and develop professionally by taking college or university courses, or attending conferences or workshops.