Dragonfly Centre- sexual violence services is hiring a full time Child & Youth Educator to join their Education & Community Outreach Team.
All work at the Dragonfly Counselling & Support Centre (DCSC) will reflect the Mission Statement and philosophical beliefs of the organization. DCSC is a not-for-profit, charitable organization that supports children, adolescents, and adults who have experienced sexual abuse or assault, and educates the public about sexual violence.
This position serves multiple locations, however is primarily based out of Bonnyville area. Travel to the DCSC service area will be a required component for this position.
- Supporting the Education team in facilitating DCSC education programs by providing interactive and dynamic presentations, and education material by using age-appropriate methods and activities, either in-person or virtual; in schools and communities throughout the DCSC service region
- Participate in community public education forums and/or events to promote awareness of sexual violence issues & DCSC services
- Engaging in outreach and collaboration with schools and other community organizations
- Facilitating presentations and online courses on sexual violence, consent, and other related topics to post-secondary and other adult audiences
- Researching and developing new presentations and educational materials for children and youth related to sexual violence
- Participating in various fundraising initiatives for DCSC
- Undergraduate degree is preferred, although experience will be considered
- Experience in education, public speaking, and working with youth are assets
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Highly creative, organized and adaptive
- Reliable vehicle and driver’s license
- Comfortable speaking in front of large and small audiences
- Facilitating education sessions and presentations both in person and virtually
What DCSC Offers:
- A competitive salary
- Full health benefits
- RRSP program
- Generous paid vacation time
- Strong focus on staff wellness and work-life balance
- Professional development opportunities
Dragonfly strives to build a team that reflects the diversity of the community they work in and encourage applications from traditionally underrepresented groups such as women, members of Black, racialized, or visible minority communities, Indigenous Peoples, people identifying as 2SLGBTQ+, and people with disabilities. If the recruitment process can be made easier through accommodation, please contact us a firstname.lastname@example.org.