Location: Lac La Biche, Cold Lake or St. Paul Campus
Position type: Full-time term until February 2025
Salary: $4,029 to $5,225 per month
Job number: 23-MSB5-69-LLJ
Posting date: January 11, 2024
Closing date: Until suitable candidate is found.
ABOUT THE POSITION
We are actively seeking a highly-creative individual with a strong background in marketing and a solid understanding of what is appealing to post-secondary students to join our College as a Marketing Specialist at our Lac La Biche, Cold Lake or St. Paul campus. The Marketing Specialist will oversee a portfolio of programs based on skillset, need and location. The Marketing Specialist will have a unique focus to ensure the Student Marketing team takes advantage of all recruitment avenues for communicating the College’s positive successes using a variety of media. This position includes travel as well as some evening and weekend work, along with answering daily student enquires. Responsibilities include:
- Research which promotional methods are best to reach internal and external audiences and ensure consistent marketing and communication campaigns.
- Develop content and program marketing and recruitment plans and organize and attend career fairs, trade shows and other community events in region.
- Prepare and gather program press releases, testimonials, photos and videos; Draft publications, create graphic layouts and images, and create videos for social media.
- Update, publish program webpages and post publications as required.
- Track program annual campaigns to measure ROI of activities performed.
- Track publication effectiveness and attraction, evaluate trends to ensure strategy is current.
- Knowledge of social media platforms like Tiktok, Instagram, YouTube and the types of user and engagement.
- Manage budget and expenditure officer duties.
- Provide student tours and answer student enquires.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- Degree or diploma in public relations, marketing, communications or community relations. Equivalencies may be considered.
- Preference will be given to applicants with experience working in a post-secondary institution.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and must be charismatic, outgoing and have strong intuition.
- Excellent written communication skills are essential as well as the ability to deliver exceptional presentations.
- Advanced understanding of marketing techniques.
- Proficiency in publishing programs.
- Ability to work under strict deadlines and display keen problem-solving skills.
- Must be self-directed and able to prioritize workload with little or no supervision.
- Strong computer skills, knowledge of Adobe or related program is an asset. Microsoft and Excel required.
- Proficiency in publishing programs.
- Ability to work evenings and weekends and travel.
- Successful applicant will be required to provide a current police information check.
ABOUT THE COLLEGE
Portage College has been serving the region for over 50 years and is a first choice post-secondary institution for learners in northeast Alberta. You will find that we are a college that combines quality with innovation. In fact, Portage College is considered a leader when it comes to providing students with a flexible first-class educational experience. We offer a wide range of programs in health and wellness, business, human services, university transfer, food sciences, trades and technology, native arts and culture, and in academics for career and education.
As an employee at the College, you will benefit from generous paid time off, participation in the College pension and benefits plans and have access to a strong professional development fund that allows employees to grow and develop professionally by taking college or university courses, or attending conferences or workshops.
HOW TO APPLY
Portage College is committed to building a skilled, diverse workforce reflective of Canadian society.
If you have the right qualifications, experience and motivation to do extraordinary things at Portage College, we would love to hear from you. Email your cover letter and resume to email@example.com. If you have any questions, call us at 780-623-5747.
Please note we do not accept third-party resume and cover letter submissions.
The College appreciates the interest of all applicants, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.