Privacy & Terms
Lakeland HR Solutions collects and uses your information in order to provide you with the quality services you deserve. By using our services and providing your personal information you are consenting to the collection, use and disclosure of your personal information as specified in this policy. ‘Personal information’ includes but is not limited to:
- Collecting resumes, documents you provide, and references
- Scheduling and conducting interviews with you and your references
- Verifying and evaluating information about you to analyze the suitability of potential employment for you, and/or employees for you.
- Using the information disclosed by you, your references, or other sources to apply to any present or future Client of Lakeland HR Solutions has or may have a position to which you may be best suited
By providing your references to Lakeland HR Solutions you are acknowledging that you have obtained permission from the references for Lakeland HR Solutions to contact them.
The information we require to effectively conduct our business to secure the best position for you includes the following:
- Your Resume(s) (and updates thereof)
- Descriptions of qualifications, skills, and positions you are interested in
- Contact information including names, phone numbers, emergency contact information, social media accounts
- Reference contact information including names, phone numbers, social media accounts
- Providing copies of: employment history, certifications, educational records, and on occasion results of specialized testing or professional designation testing
- We may verify information regarding:
- Criminal record checks
- Drug and Alcohol Testing
- Skills Testing
- Information obtained through reference checks
- Covid 19 Proof of Vaccination - if required by the employer and released only if consented to by the candidate
When you visit/register/utilize services on lakelandhr.ca or lakelandjobs.ca we automatically
- log your IP address,
- browser type,
- access time,
- click path and
- other information used to
- conduct website evaluations,
- monitor our website and visitor traffic,
- provide you with tailored advertising based on your interests or based on your visit to our website, and
- keep track of other online usage data such as
- referral sources and the websites visited immediately before and after using The Sites.
Log files such as those described in the above paragraph, are not tied to personally identifiable information and we will not use this data to identify personal information through other third parties. Any aggregate statistical information not tied to a person would not be considered personal information.
CHILDREN & MINORS
The Sites are not directed to, or suitable for, persons under 18. Lakeland HR Solutions does not knowingly collect Personal Information from anyone under 18 years of age on The Sites. If Lakeland HR Solutions becomes aware that we have unknowingly collected personally identifiable information from a person under the age of 18, Lakeland HR Solutions will delete this information from Lakeland HR Solutions records or, if that is not reasonable, Lakeland HR Solutions will take reasonable available steps to de-identify the information. Those who are not the age of majority in the jurisdiction in which they reside should not provide Lakeland HR Solutions with Personal Information on This Site.
Unless otherwise directed by you, Lakeland HR Solutions will retain your personal information for 10 years from the date you submitted it to us, or 10 years from the date you applied for a position, or 10 years from the date you were placed with a client.
Upon this 10-year period all personal information is purged, deleted, and/or shredded if hard copies have been collected.
Any information that we collect is used for the purposes of administering The Sites, to improve customer service, to personalize your web experience, to improve our websites, to analyze The Sites statistics and usage, and to provide you with tailored marketing and advertising.
We use your personal information for several purposes:
- Find the best suitable employment opportunities for candidates
- To fulfill our Client’ requests for information about potential candidates
- To research, develop, and provide training for anyone with access to The Sites
- To enhance business operations to better service our clients and candidates
- To better protect the environment from unnecessary waste, Lakeland HR Solutions tries to move away from printing and primarily connects using digital communication including but not limited to e-mails, online messaging and digital faxes
Everyone at Lakeland HR Solutions takes your privacy and information very seriously. We do share aggregate information about your use of our site with internal stakeholders and with our trusted social media, marketing, advertising, web hosting, and analytics partners. When you provide your information to sign up for emails, or to submit online forms, you are permitting Lakeland HR Solutions to share your information for the above stated “USE” business purposes only.
Lakeland HR Solutions will not share, sell, trade or otherwise transfer to outside parties your personally identifiable information other than to those parties described above. This does not include trusted third parties outlined previously, or any of those who provide services to us in the operation of our website, who assist us in conducting our business, who provide us with marketing services and/or technologies or assist us in servicing you, so long as these third parties agree to keep all information confidential. Lakeland HR Solutions will disclose your personal information if required by law.
Revoking permission/consent to collect, use, and disclose your personal information must be made in writing to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Users who wish to opt-out of receiving interest-based ads can visit http://www.aboutads.info/choices and also have the following options:
- Google: By visiting their Google Ads Settings/Preferences page or by changing their browser cookie settings. Users can also opt-out of Google Analytics by installing Google’s opt-out browser add-on
- Facebook: By visiting this Facebook Help Page outlining ways to manage ad preferences
- Web browser: By visiting their applicable web browser’s help pages to find out how to turn off cookies.
The Sites do not currently take actions based on Do Not Track signals as a simple, uniform technology has not yet been developed. To learn more about Do Not Track visit https://allaboutdnt.com/
To learn more about opting-out of receiving interest-based ads, Users can visit the Digital Advertising Alliance of Canada website at http://youradchoices.ca/ or by visiting the Digital Advertising Alliance Consumer Choice Page at www.aboutads.info/choices.
The information published on The Sites, including any pricing, addresses, phone numbers, event dates, or services may contain inaccuracies. Lakeland HR Solutions and its affiliates cannot guarantee the absolute accuracy of information published on The Sites. As such, we disclaim all liability for any inaccuracies presented and any legal proceedings or claims arising from those inaccuracies.
We may terminate or suspend access to The Sites immediately, without prior notice or liability, for any reason whatsoever, including without limitation, if you breach the Terms. All provisions of the Terms which by their nature should survive termination shall survive termination, including, without limitation, ownership provisions, warranty disclaimers, indemnity and limitations of liability.
All content, logos, graphics, designs and organizations thereof remains the sole intellectual property of Lakeland HR Solutions.
These Terms shall be governed and construed in accordance with the laws of Canada in the Province of Alberta, without regard to its conflict of law provisions. Our failure to enforce any right or provision of these Terms will not be considered a waiver of those rights. If any provision of these Terms is held to be invalid or unenforceable by a court, the remaining provisions of these Terms will remain in effect. These Terms constitute the entire agreement between us regarding The Sites, and supersede and replace any prior agreements we might have between us regarding The Sites.
Lakeland HR Solutions